Virbhadra to launch Food Security scheme in HP on September 11
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will launch the Food Security Programme in the state on September 11, state Food and Civil Supplies minister G S Bali said.
"The Chief Minister will launch the programme from Shimla on September 11," Bali said here today.
"The state government, however, will continue providing selected food items to APL families, though rates might be increased marginally," he said adding, the Centre had agreed in principle to provide Rs 400 crore to meet the cost.
A Rs 19 crore project had also been sanctioned by the Centre to upgrade civil supplies in the state.
"To store more food items under the new programme, the government will set up storage facilities on Public-Private Partnership mode," he said.
The minister, who also holds the transport portfolio, said, "The Centre has agreed to contribute the balance cost of any project undertaken by the state government to improve road connectivity in rural areas."
During a recent meeting, the Union Transport Minister has agreed to set up a drivers` training school in the state at a cost of Rs 14 crore, he said.
The Centre has also agreed to provide funds for National Highway 20-A from Nagrota Bagwan to Mubarkpur in Himachal Pradesh, Bali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...