Virbhadra to launch Food Security scheme in HP on September 11
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will launch the Food Security Programme in the state on September 11, state Food and Civil Supplies minister G S Bali said.
"The Chief Minister will launch the programme from Shimla on September 11," Bali said here today.
"The state government, however, will continue providing selected food items to APL families, though rates might be increased marginally," he said adding, the Centre had agreed in principle to provide Rs 400 crore to meet the cost.
A Rs 19 crore project had also been sanctioned by the Centre to upgrade civil supplies in the state.
"To store more food items under the new programme, the government will set up storage facilities on Public-Private Partnership mode," he said.
The minister, who also holds the transport portfolio, said, "The Centre has agreed to contribute the balance cost of any project undertaken by the state government to improve road connectivity in rural areas."
During a recent meeting, the Union Transport Minister has agreed to set up a drivers` training school in the state at a cost of Rs 14 crore, he said.
The Centre has also agreed to provide funds for National Highway 20-A from Nagrota Bagwan to Mubarkpur in Himachal Pradesh, Bali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof