Virbhadra`s son rejects BJP`s allegations
New Delhi: Rubbishing BJP`s charges against his father, Himachal Pradesh Youth Congress president Vikramaditya Singh on Thursday said that they would fight it "politically and legally".
"The allegations, which have been levelled against the Chief Minister, are just to hide their corruption which they have done during their tenure. We will fight both politically and legally," Singh, who is the son of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, said.
His remarks came as Virbhadra today filed three defamation cases against Arun Jaitley and other BJP leaders, in a Shimla court accusing them of unleashing a malicious campaign against him and his family through media to tarnish his image.
Vikramaditya Singh said the allegations against Virbhadra were nothing new. "This is not the first time they have targeted Virbhadra Singhji. In both the cases charge sheet was filed and Virbhadra Singh was held innocent by the courts," he stated.
Jaitley had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh alleging that Virbhadra Singh had taken bribe from a private power company and had demanded a CBI inquiry, calling it an "open and shut case of corruption", but the Chief Minister had denied the charges.
Jaitley had alleged that Singh, his family members and their company have received interest free loan from the promoter of a power company, which had transactions with the Himachal Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video