War of words between Virbhadra and Dhumal hots up
Shimla: War of words between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal turned bitter on Sunday with the latter rubbishing Singh`s allegations that the BJP government acted with vengeance and threatened to put him behind bars.
Sharply reacting to Singh`s allegations, the Leader of Opposition said, in case the Virbhadra government was bent on targeting him for no fault on his part, he was ready to face it.
"I welcome inquiries conducted by the state government from time to time, but it appears that the Chief Minister is deliberately issuing such statements to influence the inquiries," Dhumal said.
"It appears that he (Singh) has himself become investigator, prosecutor and judge," he alleged.
"Is the government really inquiring the matter or it is just a publicity stunt," he asked and added, so far the CD case is concerned, the Chief Minister had asked the vigilance department to inquire into the matter in 2007 and also took the matter to Himachal High Court, but now he was putting the blame on us for his misdeeds.
Defending the allotment of land to HPCA for providing facilities of international standards for the youth of the state, Dhumal maintained it was done in public interest after completing all codal formalities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview