War of words between Virbhadra and Dhumal hots up
Shimla: War of words between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal turned bitter on Sunday with the latter rubbishing Singh`s allegations that the BJP government acted with vengeance and threatened to put him behind bars.
Sharply reacting to Singh`s allegations, the Leader of Opposition said, in case the Virbhadra government was bent on targeting him for no fault on his part, he was ready to face it.
"I welcome inquiries conducted by the state government from time to time, but it appears that the Chief Minister is deliberately issuing such statements to influence the inquiries," Dhumal said.
"It appears that he (Singh) has himself become investigator, prosecutor and judge," he alleged.
"Is the government really inquiring the matter or it is just a publicity stunt," he asked and added, so far the CD case is concerned, the Chief Minister had asked the vigilance department to inquire into the matter in 2007 and also took the matter to Himachal High Court, but now he was putting the blame on us for his misdeeds.
Defending the allotment of land to HPCA for providing facilities of international standards for the youth of the state, Dhumal maintained it was done in public interest after completing all codal formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it