War of words between Virbhadra and Dhumal hots up
Shimla: War of words between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal turned bitter on Sunday with the latter rubbishing Singh`s allegations that the BJP government acted with vengeance and threatened to put him behind bars.
Sharply reacting to Singh`s allegations, the Leader of Opposition said, in case the Virbhadra government was bent on targeting him for no fault on his part, he was ready to face it.
"I welcome inquiries conducted by the state government from time to time, but it appears that the Chief Minister is deliberately issuing such statements to influence the inquiries," Dhumal said.
"It appears that he (Singh) has himself become investigator, prosecutor and judge," he alleged.
"Is the government really inquiring the matter or it is just a publicity stunt," he asked and added, so far the CD case is concerned, the Chief Minister had asked the vigilance department to inquire into the matter in 2007 and also took the matter to Himachal High Court, but now he was putting the blame on us for his misdeeds.
Defending the allotment of land to HPCA for providing facilities of international standards for the youth of the state, Dhumal maintained it was done in public interest after completing all codal formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vodafone income dips 3.4% to Rs 13,900 crore in June quarter
- Urvashi Rautela to be showstopper for Archana Kochhar at fashion show
- This newly-developed artificial muscle can help make 'soft' robots
- Sit at home and earn Rs 60,000 per month; follow these 5 websites
- Barcelona snap-up midfielder Andre Gomes from La Liga rivals Valencia for USD 55 million