WHO award to HP for making Shimla smoke free
Shimla: The World Health Organisation has bestowed national level award on Himachal Pradesh for making Shimla smoke free and taking effective steps for conservation of environment, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said on Sunday.
Flagging the third cycle rally organised here by an NGO, Dhumal said World Bank has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,100 crore to promote inclusive green growth and sustainable development in the state.
The state government would encourage officials to use cycles which would not only keep them physically fit but also save petroleum products to a great extent besides conservation of environment, he said.
Dhumal urged NGOs and people to supplement government efforts in preserving the environment and development activities in the state.
He lauded the efforts of Ashadeep NGO for organising the rally.
As many as 40 participants including Tikender Panwar, Deputy Mayor, Shimla Municipal Corporation participated in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi