WHO award to HP for making Shimla smoke free
Shimla: The World Health Organisation has bestowed national level award on Himachal Pradesh for making Shimla smoke free and taking effective steps for conservation of environment, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said on Sunday.
Flagging the third cycle rally organised here by an NGO, Dhumal said World Bank has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,100 crore to promote inclusive green growth and sustainable development in the state.
The state government would encourage officials to use cycles which would not only keep them physically fit but also save petroleum products to a great extent besides conservation of environment, he said.
Dhumal urged NGOs and people to supplement government efforts in preserving the environment and development activities in the state.
He lauded the efforts of Ashadeep NGO for organising the rally.
As many as 40 participants including Tikender Panwar, Deputy Mayor, Shimla Municipal Corporation participated in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official