WHO award to HP for making Shimla smoke free
Shimla: The World Health Organisation has bestowed national level award on Himachal Pradesh for making Shimla smoke free and taking effective steps for conservation of environment, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said on Sunday.
Flagging the third cycle rally organised here by an NGO, Dhumal said World Bank has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,100 crore to promote inclusive green growth and sustainable development in the state.
The state government would encourage officials to use cycles which would not only keep them physically fit but also save petroleum products to a great extent besides conservation of environment, he said.
Dhumal urged NGOs and people to supplement government efforts in preserving the environment and development activities in the state.
He lauded the efforts of Ashadeep NGO for organising the rally.
As many as 40 participants including Tikender Panwar, Deputy Mayor, Shimla Municipal Corporation participated in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections