WHO award to HP for making Shimla smoke free
Shimla: The World Health Organisation has bestowed national level award on Himachal Pradesh for making Shimla smoke free and taking effective steps for conservation of environment, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said on Sunday.
Flagging the third cycle rally organised here by an NGO, Dhumal said World Bank has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,100 crore to promote inclusive green growth and sustainable development in the state.
The state government would encourage officials to use cycles which would not only keep them physically fit but also save petroleum products to a great extent besides conservation of environment, he said.
Dhumal urged NGOs and people to supplement government efforts in preserving the environment and development activities in the state.
He lauded the efforts of Ashadeep NGO for organising the rally.
As many as 40 participants including Tikender Panwar, Deputy Mayor, Shimla Municipal Corporation participated in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"