WHO award to HP for making Shimla smoke free
Shimla: The World Health Organisation has bestowed national level award on Himachal Pradesh for making Shimla smoke free and taking effective steps for conservation of environment, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said on Sunday.
Flagging the third cycle rally organised here by an NGO, Dhumal said World Bank has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,100 crore to promote inclusive green growth and sustainable development in the state.
The state government would encourage officials to use cycles which would not only keep them physically fit but also save petroleum products to a great extent besides conservation of environment, he said.
Dhumal urged NGOs and people to supplement government efforts in preserving the environment and development activities in the state.
He lauded the efforts of Ashadeep NGO for organising the rally.
As many as 40 participants including Tikender Panwar, Deputy Mayor, Shimla Municipal Corporation participated in the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth