Srinagar: Addressing a huge rally in Sher-i-Kashmir stadium in Srinagar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday pitched for development in Jammu & Kashmir and said his government will work hard to bring back the state's lost glory.
Here are the 10 highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Srinagar address:
1) PM Narendra Modi has announced a whopping Rs.80,000 crore package for J&K in order to put the state back on the path of growth.
2) The PM said that adequate employment and livelihood opportunities alone have the potential to address all the problems of the state.
3) The PM said that his government will make Kashmir a dream destination and to that end it will work hard to get back its lost glory.
4) Modi said that he believe in “Sab ka saath aur sab ka vikas”.
5) The prime minister said that more and more Kashmiri youth today opting for IAS, IPS, IIT and IIM, and they have been successful. “Our government will provide global-level education to Kashmiri youth in affordable cost.”
6) In last year's devastating floods in the state, a lot of people were in pain, and “i have felt their pain too. Our government's motto was quick rehabilitation of the affected people”.
7) In the past, there was a perception that China was charging ahead of India. That has changed now. Today, there is a discussion about India's progress, and there is a realisation now that India has marched ahead of China.
8) The NDA government has ended graft and improved India's image abroad.
9) The PM said that his government in New Delhi stands shoulder to shoulder with the J&K government and will extend all possible help.
10) J&K has not only been blessed with a beautiful landscape, but also with rich natural resources, hence there is lots of opportunities. For instance,
if pashmina wool, keshar and apple from Kashmir get global market access with their own trademark, income from these trade will contribute to state's development.