New Delhi: After making many sensational revelations on 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks and Lashkar-e-Toiba member Ishart Jahan, convict David Coleman Headley on Saturday testified before Special TADA Court Judge GA Sanap in Mumbai on Saturday. The Pakistani-American terrorist today said that his handlers told him that "nothing will happen against" Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi and Hafiz Saeed and that actions taken by Pakistan Federal Investigation Agency against them and other LeT members in 26/11 case are "superficial".
Highlights of the testimony:
- Prosecution concludes recording of evidence of David Headley in 26/11 attacks case; cross-examination by defence adjourned for a future date.
- Lakhvi`s son was killed while fighting against Indian troops in Indian occupied Kashmir, says Headley.
Headley tells court that Abdul Rehman Pasha told him that the action taken by Pakistan Federal Investigation Agency against Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi, Hafiz Saeed and other LeT members are "superficial".
- Shedding more light on terror activities post 26/11 attacks, the 55-year-old terrorist says that after Pakistan government started investigating the 26/11 attacks, he was told by his handler, Sajid Mir of LeT, that "both Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi and Hafiz Saeed are safe and nothing will happen against them."
- I sent this mail to Mir because after Mumbai attacks Pakistan was interrogating various people of Lashkar and I was concerned about it.
- Headley sent a mail to Sajid Mir and made a query "are most of the problem solved for uncle (Hafiz Saeed) and his friends (Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi)?"
- Headley admits, email@example.com was his email id and firstname.lastname@example.org was Sajid Mir's email id. Both used to exchange mails by these email ids. Headley met Sajid Mir during his stay in Pakistan from June 1 to 30, 2008.
- Despite having apprehensions of being arrested in India, I still decided to visit India again.
- I sent the mail to Rana so that he could take care of my belongings.
- On March 3, 2009, I sent an e-mail to Rana, with the subject on the mail "Headley's personal will". I sent this 'will' to Dr Rana as I was going back to India again and I thought I may be killed or arrested in India.
- While deposing via video conferencing, Headley reveals that after the 2008 Mumbai attacks, he met Tahawwur Rana in Chicago. The latter was pleased with the terror attack, which left 166 people dead.
- I visited Indian Army installation in Pune. Major Iqbal asked me to visit the Indian Army installation in Pune and try to recruit Armymen so that classified information can be acquired. The ISI wanted to recruit military officers and get 'classified information' from them.
- After the 26/11 terror attack, Headley met Dr Tahawwur Rana in Chicago. Rana was pleased with the terror attack in Mumbai.
- I surveyed and videographed the Southern Command HQ Building between March 16-17, 2009, preceded by recce of Chabad Houses in Goa on March 15 and earlier Pushkar between March 11-13 that year - nearly four months after the terror attacks were executed in Mumbai on November 26-28, 2008.