Videographed outer walls of Vice President's residence, says David Headley
Mumbai: Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist-turned-approver David Coleman Headley, convicted in the United States for his involvement in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, on Saturday continued his deposition before a Mumbai court via a video link.
Here are the LIVE updates:
- Asked whether he had videographed the residence of India's Vice President during the surveillance done by him, he says only the outer walls of the building were videographed and it was en route from Sena Bhavan (Indian Army HQs) to National Defence College, New Delhi.
- I visited BARC on the recommendation of Major Iqbal (of Pakistan), Headley tells prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
- I do not have any knowledge of women's cell of LeT in combat roles in India.
- Headley said that LeT does not have a women's cell but a women's wing.
- During my interrogation, NIA was showing me photographs with names on them. They showed me around 6-7 photographs, but after US prosecutor's objection, they started showing me photographs without names. But it is not correct that I identified photos in this court on the basis of those photos shown to me by NIA.
- It is not true that me and my associates were planning to assassinate former Pakistan president and Army chief Pervez Musharraf.
- I visited Sena Bhavan and residence of Bal Thackeray to do a surveillance.
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed told me that Bal Thackeray needed to be taught a lesson, I told him I will take 6 months to complete the task.
- I told NIA that there was a women's wing in LeT and mother of Abu Aiman was head of that.
- Headley, who is testifying before an anti-terror court in the 26/11 case during his cross-examination on the fourth day, says he had told NIA that "a female member who had died in an encounter in India was Ishrat Jahan" and other things, but could not say why they were not recorded by the probe agency. He went back on a part of his statement to the NIA, saying that he did not tell the probe agency about Lakhvi informing him that "Ishrat Jahan module" was a "botched-up operation" and added that "these were my thoughts".
- He also admits that he had "no personal knowledge about Ishrat Jahan."
- I gave details of Ishrat Jahan operation in NIA's statement but I can't see a reason that why they didn't recorded that.
- LeT commander and 26/11 mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi introduced me to Muzzamil Bhatt in 2006 and told me that he has responsible for terror attack at Akshardham and Ishrat Jahan cases.
- Lakhvi told me about Ishrat Jahan case but I was having prior knowledge about her case through newspapers.
- In a new twist, Headley says, NIA recorded my statement in different words what I told them.
- During cross examination in the Mumbai sessions court, the LeT terrorist says, I never told National Investigating Agency (NIA) that Lakhvi introduced me to Muzammil as a top commander whose every big operation was a failure.
- Headley further says that he had no information as to why the NIA changed his statement.
- When asked as to why did the NIA didn't record his exact statemnets, he says how can he explain.
- Didn't tell NIA tht Lakhvi sarcastically told me Muzamil was a top LeT commander whose operations were a failure.
Headley on Friday testified before an anti-terror court that the then Pakistan prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had visited his house to pay condolences a few weeks after his father's death on December 25, 2008.
Headley also said he had nurtured a "hatred feeling" towards India since childhood after his school was bombed in 1971 during the Indo-Pak war.
The Pakistani-American LeT terrorist-turned-approver also that attempts were made to trade Israeli hostages in Mumbai in return for release of Ajmal Kasab, the Pakistani terrorist nabbed alive in the 26/11 strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing