New Delhi: On the occasion of India's 69th Independence Day, PM Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed the nation from Red Fort vowing to end corruption and exhorting India to "start up, stand up". In a similar manner, the chief ministers of various states also followed the ceremony. But here are some strange incidents which took place today:
- In major goof-up, Punjab Cabinet Minister Bikram Singh Majitiha unfurled national flag upside down in Amritsar.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav led the state in celebrating India's 69th Independence Day but while he was unfurling the flag, it got stuck.
- In an apparent slip of tongue, Haryana CM Khattar extended 69th Republic Day greetings instead of Independence Day during a press conference in Kurukshetra after he unfurled the national flag.
- Madhya Pradesh Forest Minister Gauri Shankar Shejwar almost fell down after unfurling the tricolour and reading out Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's message during the Independence Day function at the district headquarter in Vidisha.
- Twitter row erupted over CM Arvind Kejriwal's name being spelled out by students over a placard during I-Day celebrations at Chhatrasal Stadium in Delhi.