'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
Varanasi: 'Achhe din' seems to have arrived for the people of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village in Varanasi!
About 810 families of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village - Jayapur - in Varanasi will get electricity free of cost.
According to a report in Pradesh18, PM Modi's adopted village is all set to become India's first Green Solar Energy village as Welspun Energy Limited is providing free solar energy panels to all the houses of the village.
Jayapur's Gram Pradhan, Srinarayan Patel told media that two plants of 25 KW capacity (each) are already in function. These two plants are giving free electricity to 720 families of the village.
PM Modi had adopted Jayapur village in his Lok Sabha constituency under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi