Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday launched a call centre - 'Amma Call Centre' - for ensuring fast response to grievances. It's an initiative aimed at quick delivery of government services and to fast track grievances.
Here is all you need to know about Amma Call Centre:-
- It's a round-the-clock call centre for ensuring fast response to grievances; will work all through the year
- You can dial toll-free number '1100' at any point of time in the day
- The details of the callers and the issues reported by them would be registered on computer and referred to the relevant department for action through e-mail, SMS and telephone
- The callers will also be informed of the details through SMS like which department and official their issue had been referred to.
- The action taken on the grievance will also be shared with the caller through SMS
- Equipped with latest technology like Computer Telephony Integration and Voice Logger System, the centre will initially handle upto 15,000 calls a day
- With 138 operators recruited for the purpose, their numbers will be expanded based on the requirement
The Chief Minister's Special Cell is already involved in addressing people's issues by referring petitions and letters to departments concerned and this is an effort to further quicken the process.