BJP's Madhya Pradesh unit on Sunday expelled Anwar Mev, after he was charged with slaughtering a cow at his house and arrested.
Here are five things to know about Anwar Mev and the case
- Anwar Mev is former vice president of BJP's minority cell in Tonkkhurd Mandal in Dewas district of Madhya Pradesh
- Mev and nine others are facing a criminal case under the Madhya Pradesh Cow Slaughter Ban Act and the IPC
- He was taken into police custody after he was charged with slaughtering a cow at his house
- Carcass of a cow was recovered from Mev's house in Maniyarpura locality on January 27, leading to protests by right-wing organisations
- District administration has invoked the National Security Act (NSA) against Anwar Mev; currently he is lodged at Ujjain central jail