Guwahati: Keeping in view the latest trends available so far, BJP+ ( BJP-AGP-BPF alliance) has taken a huge lead and it seems the party is all set to form its first government in BJP-AGP-BPF alliance) has taken a huge lead and it seems the party is all set to form its first government in Assam. BJP+ is leading on more than 80 seats, while Congress is ahead just in 22 constituencies.
So, how did BJP give such a landslide performance in Assam Assembly Elections?
Experts believe it's all due to well-planned strategy by PM Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah.
Here is all what PM Narendra Modi-Amit Shah did to ensure BJP's first ever victory in Assam:-
Alliance with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)
- BJP broadened alliance by tying up with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) too. Notably, AGP and BJP had fought the 2009 Parliamentary elections together.
BJP's new ally Bodoland People's Front
- PM Modi had kick started the poll campaign with its new ally Bodoland People's Front (BPF). The BPF is believed to have strong presence in Kokrajhar and its neighbouring areas. The party has been in power in Bodoland Territorial Council since its inception in 2003. Hence, with this new alliance partner, BJP's prospects of coming to power were enhanced.
Sarbananda Sonowal as CM candidate
- Political pundits say it was the right decision to pick Sarbananda Sonowal as CM candidate
Focus on local issues
- PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah asked the party workers to focus on local issues and development
- Riding high on 'Modi wave', BJP chief Amit Shah made sure the campaigns by PM Narendra Modi despite extremely busy schedule. Noteworthy, 'Modi wave' had helped BJP bagging seven of the state's 14 LS seats.