Bengaluru exec used to post information on ISIS to his Twitter account: Rajnath Singh

Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday reportedly told the Lok Sabha that while Bangalore executive Mehdi Masroor Biswas has denied recruiting anyone for the Islamic terror outfit ISIS, the probe in the matter is still going on.

New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday reportedly told the Lok Sabha that while Bangalore executive Mehdi Masroor Biswas has denied recruiting anyone for the Islamic terror outfit ISIS, the probe in the matter is still going on.

Singh further said that Masroor has admitted to translating information on ISIS to other languages and posting it on his Twitter handle, as per news reports.

The 24-year-old pro-Islamic State Twitter account holder is currently in police remand which is probing his connection with ISIS.

Mehdi Masroor Biswas had been operation the Twitter account @ShammiWitness from the past several year. Karnataka DGP L Pachau had said that Mehdi had become "a source of incitement and information" for the new ISIS recruits.

Singh had earlier called a high-level security review meeting in the national capital early today which was to be attended by the chiefs of National Security Agency (NSA), Intelligence Bureau (IB), Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Home Secretary.

The meeting has been called by the Home Minister to assess the security threats to the nation and discuss possible strategies to avert them, as per news reports.

Singh called the meeting in the wake of hostages being held inside the Lindt Chocolat Cafe in Sydney and an Islamic flag at the window.

PM Narendra Modi took to Twitter to condemn the incident and tweeted, “The incident in Sydney is disturbing. Such acts are inhuman & deeply unfortunate. I pray for everyone's safety. ”