Bhubaneswar hospital fire: Sonia Gandhi expresses grief over loss of lives
New Delhi, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday expressed grief over the loss of lives in the fire mishap at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Gandhi extended her condolences to the families of those who were bereaved in the "most unfortunate tragedy" that happened last night leaving 22 dead. She has instructed the Pradesh Congress Committee and workers of the party to reach out to the victims and their families, the Congress said in a statement.
The blaze was suspected to have been triggered by an electric short circuit in the dialysis ward on the first floor of the private hospital which spread to the nearby Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers