Maheish Girri v/s Arvind Kejriwal: As it happened on Monday
BJP MP Maheish Girri said that he won't even move from here till Kejriwal comes out and he gets justice.
New Delhi: BJP MP Maheish Girri continuing his hunger strike outside Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal's residence on Monday said that he won't even move from here till Kejriwal comes out and he gets justice.
Here are the updates :-
- Girri should refrain from doing nautanki (drama) by staging a hunger strike outside Arvind Kejriwal's residence. Unless he is arrested and questioned by the police there could not be any talk of his innocence," says Delhi AAP convenor Dilip Pandey.
- "We don't want this issue to be politicised. We're just seeking justice for my father," says the daughter of MM Khan.
- "Only want the probe to take place without any interference, request him (Maheish Girri) to not hold hunger strike," daughter of MM Khan added.
- "Police must arrest him (Maheish Girri) and must investigate. Police is not conducting probe because of pressure from BJP," alleges Arvind Kejriwal.
- "Do we've an open debate on murder cases? Is this BJP's way to seek criminal justice?," asks Arvind Kejriwal.
- BJP MP Vijay Goel joins protest led by Mahesh Giri outside CM Kejriwal's residence in Delhi
- BJP MP Manoj Tiwari joins protest led by Mahesh Girri outside CM Kejriwal's residence in Delhi
- Reportedly, BJP MP from Delhi Manoj Tiwari is also expected to join the protest
- "Lt Governor Najeeb Jung must be dismissed," BJP leader Subramanian Swamy said after joining protest outside CM Kejriwal's residence.
- I have come here in support of Mahesh Girri because CM Kejriwal has levelled baseless allegations: Subramanian Swamy
- BJP MP Dr Subramanian Swamy has reached the venue to protest against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. Swamy lashed out at Kejriwal for using unparliamentary language against many leaders.
- BJP MP Dr Subramanian Swamy is expected to joining Maheish Girri outside Arvind Kejriwal's residence
- "ArvindKejriwal is brining up Modi Ji's name again & again just to deflect from this issue & to cover up his own shortcomings (sic)," BJP MP Maheish Girri tweeted.
— Maheish Girri (@MaheishGirri) June 20, 2016
- "Hunger strike will continue as the Delhi CM levelled baseless allegations of my involvement in NDMC official MM Khan's murder," Maheish Girri said.
- Maheish Girri is demanding that Kejriwal should prove his allegations regarding the murder of MM Khan.
— Maheish Girri (@MaheishGirri) June 19, 2016
- Meanwhile, Arvind Kejriwal on Monday morning demanded that Maheish Girri should be arrested by the 'Modi Police'.
- "He shud be arrested n interrogated by Modi police in MM Khan murder case. Modi police shielding him (sic)," Kejriwal said in a tweet.
He shud be arrested n interrogated by Modi police in MM Khan murder case. Modi police shielding him https://t.co/CteaT9cWJO
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) June 20, 2016
- The BJP lawmaker from East Delhi sat on a hunger strike yesterday evening outside the residence of Kejriwal and said that the Delhi Chief Minister has levelled baseless allegations regarding his involvement in the murder case.
- In a letter to Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung, Kejriwal had accused him of trying to "save" Girri and NDMC vice-chairman Karan Singh Tanwar in Khan's murder.
- Girri had asked Kejriwal for a public debate over his allegations.
MM Khan's murder
Khan was shot dead in Jamia Nagar on May 16, a day before he was scheduled to pass the final order on the lease terms of a hotel which was functioning on a property leased out by the civic body.