Body of Indian killed in Angola blast to reach Delhi on Monday

 The body of an Indian, who was killed in an explosion in Angola, is likely to reach New Delhi by Ethopian airlines on Monday.

Deoria: The body of an Indian, who was killed in an explosion in Angola, is likely to reach New Delhi by Ethopian airlines on Monday.

Initially, the Luanda-based company had demanded Rs 16 lakh from the family of the employee, Surya Dev Yadav, to send the body back to the country.

The body is expected to leave from Angola by Ethopian airlines tomorrow and will reach New Delhi by 8.30 AM on Monday, Janardan Yadav, the deceased's son, told PTI over phone.

Janardan said that Best Metal Company, where Yadav was an employee, agreed to sent back the body, after MEA Joint Secretary Sanjiv Kohli wrote a letter to Indian Embassy to take measure in this regard.

Janardan said he was in Delhi since the last one week and was in constant touch with the Ministry of External Affiars and Indian Embassy at Angola.

Yadav was seriously injured in an explosion in Angola on November 26 last year and he succumbed to his injuries on December 1.

The company director Vinnu H Kapasi had said that special transportation was required as the body had been badly mutilated and added that about Rs 16 lakh would be required for the same.

Yadav's family members then wrote a letter to the President, Prime Minister, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and the district magistrate seeking intervention into the matter.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close