California shooting: India seeks travel details of Pak woman suspect
The sources said that central agencies have got in touch with the Saudi Authorities besides asking the US investigators to share details.
New Delhi: India has asked Saudi Arabia to share travel details of Tashfeen Malik, a Pakistani woman suspect in the California mass shooting, as the authorities there have claimed that she had undertaken a journey to India in 2013.
After spokesman for the Saudi Interior Ministry Maj Gen Mansour Turki was quoted in 'The New York Times' as saying that Malik had visited India from Saudi Arabia, the central security agencies swung into action and checked all the data available at immigration airports, official sources said.
The sources said that no passenger by the name of Malik had entered India on the date mentioned by Saudi authorities to the newspaper or around that period as well.
Turki was quoted as having told the newspaper through text messages that she had arrived in the Saudi kingdom on June 8, 2013 for the second time from Pakistan and later she had departed to India on October 6, 2013.
The sources said that central agencies have got in touch with the Saudi Authorities besides asking the US investigators to share details, if any, about her visit to India.
The sources did not rule out the possibility that she could have travelled under a different name but those details would be possible only after the authorities either in Saudi or the US share the details, the sources said.
Fourteen people were killed and 14 injured when Malik along with her Pakistani-American husband Syed Rizwan Farook allegedly opened fire at a centre for the disabled in the Southern California city of San Bernardino last week.