Centre to see that no innocents are punished: Najma Heptulla
New Delhi: Asserting that terror outfit ISIS needs to be exposed, Union Minority Affairs Minister Najma Heptulla said there is "nothing wrong" if Muslims come forward to do the job and asked the Centre to see that no innocents are punished.
"ISIS is engaged in wrongdoings, is spreading terrorism across the globe. There is nothing wrong if Muslims come forward, we have to expose it," Heptulla said.
"The government should see to it those found involved in such activities are punished and those not involved should not be acted against," she said on the sidelines of her meeting with a delegation of Rashtriya Muslim Manch on Tuesday.
The Minister also said she will take efforts to see the Waqf Property Bill, which aims at removing encroachment from Waqf lands, is pushed during the upcoming budget session of Parliament.
Heptulla said she has sought Rs 5,000 crore allocation for her Ministry in the union budget for 2015-16 to implement various schemes for minorities.
"We have demanded that we get Rs 5000 crore in line with five-year plan. So, we will be able to implement our programmes," she added.
During her meeting with the delegation, Heptulla apprised the Manch representatives on the Ministry's various initiatives and also extended support to their activities towards better growth of Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing