CIA, French sleuths join hands with Indian agencies to ensure a safe Republic Day
New Delhi: In a bid to ensure foolproof security to French President Francois Hollande, who will be the chief guest at the January 26 Republic Day Parade in New Delhi, Indian intelligence agencies are working in tandem with France's Directorate General for External Security (DGSE). Amidst the extreme threat assessment in the wake of terror attacks in Paris and Pathankot, the two agencies are being assisted by the Central Intelligence Agency, the intelligence service of the US government.
According to Indiatimes, experts from India, France and the US have been in touch to share intelligence.
Arrests have been made in India ahead of the Republic Day amidst reports that Islamic State and al Qaeda terrorists are planning targetting the country.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh had earlier this week reviewed the security situation in the national capital with the Delhi Police chief and other senior officials of intelligence and security agencies.
The country's top leadership including President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Ministers, senior civil and defence officials will be among those attending the main function at the majestic Rajpath.
A ground-to-air security cover will be put in place in the national capital.
The city has already been put on a high alert after the Pathankot terror attack as there were intelligence inputs which suggested that at least two terrorists had entered Delhi.
All steps are being taken to ensure foolproof security during the visit of Hollande, especially as Paris saw one of the worst terrorist attacks on November 13, when 130 people were killed by seven gunmen, they said.
Apart from deployment of forces on the ground, government will also ensure security in air by deploying anti-aircraft guns and declaring no-fly zone in many areas of Delhi.
A total of 10,000 paramilitary personnel, in addition to 80,000 strong Delhi Police, will be on the job in the national capital to ensure greater security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh