New Delhi: Former coal secretary P C Parakh on Wednesday said that him being summoned by a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in the coal block allocation case has come 'as a surprise' to him, and added that he is yet to receive an official order for an appearance.
"Now that the court has taken cognizance of the case, it would be inappropriate for me to comment on this, as it would amount to contempt of court. It did come as a surprise. The court has its own method of working. So, let us see what the court does," Parakh said.
"The court has only taken cognizance of matter, it has not said that I am at fault," he added.
When asked if there are any indication on what he would likely be questioned on, he said, "I do not know. As of now, only appearance has been reported in the press. I have not received any summons as yet."
Parakh, however, said he has already told the CBI everything that was there to be told
"Whatever I had to say, I have said it before the CBI in detail," he said.
Earlier in the day, a special CBI court summoned former prime minister Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, Aditya Birla Group chairman K M Birla and three others in connection with the coal blocks allocation scam.
The court has summoned them on April 8 for offences of criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and under provisions of prevention of corruption act.