"Congress proud of Netaji's acts of valour, illiterate NDA govt should rediscover history"
New Delhi: Terming the NDA dispensation `illiterate` and insisting that it needs to "rediscover" history, the Congress on Saturday said that the Centre should be absolutely accurate on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
"We as Congressmen and we as a nation are proud of him (Bose). We stand by all his acts of valour. We would like to remind the NDA dispensation in the hunt for icons, they need to rediscover history, because I find many among the NDA followers to be illiterate in history," Congress leader Tom Vadakkan told ANI.
"We would like to make it clear that we have always desired that the files are declassified. Let me remind the Prime Minister that the Congress DNA has Subhas Chandra Bose writ large on it. We don`t need to be reminded, nor need certificates from anybody on our commitment to Subhas ji," he added.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release digital copies of 100 files related to Netaji Bose following government`s decision to declassify files on the freedom fighter.
The files, digitised and given preliminary conservation treatment by the National Archives of India, will be released on the birth anniversary of Netaji.
In 1997 the National Archives had received 990 declassified files pertaining to the Indian National Army from Defence Ministry. In 2012, it received 1030 files and items pertaining to Khosla Commission and Justice Mukherjee Commission of Inquiry from Home Ministry.
All these files and items are already open to the public under the Public Records Rules, 1997.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next