"Congress proud of Netaji's acts of valour, illiterate NDA govt should rediscover history"
New Delhi: Terming the NDA dispensation `illiterate` and insisting that it needs to "rediscover" history, the Congress on Saturday said that the Centre should be absolutely accurate on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
"We as Congressmen and we as a nation are proud of him (Bose). We stand by all his acts of valour. We would like to remind the NDA dispensation in the hunt for icons, they need to rediscover history, because I find many among the NDA followers to be illiterate in history," Congress leader Tom Vadakkan told ANI.
"We would like to make it clear that we have always desired that the files are declassified. Let me remind the Prime Minister that the Congress DNA has Subhas Chandra Bose writ large on it. We don`t need to be reminded, nor need certificates from anybody on our commitment to Subhas ji," he added.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release digital copies of 100 files related to Netaji Bose following government`s decision to declassify files on the freedom fighter.
The files, digitised and given preliminary conservation treatment by the National Archives of India, will be released on the birth anniversary of Netaji.
In 1997 the National Archives had received 990 declassified files pertaining to the Indian National Army from Defence Ministry. In 2012, it received 1030 files and items pertaining to Khosla Commission and Justice Mukherjee Commission of Inquiry from Home Ministry.
All these files and items are already open to the public under the Public Records Rules, 1997.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing