Dadri victim Akhlaq's kin get four flats in Greater Noida
New Delhi: Almost five months after Dadri lynching case in September last year, the kin of Mohammed Akhlaq were handed over four flats by Greater Noida Authority.
All the flats in Zeta One sector were registered in the names of Akhlaq's wife Ikraman and his three brothers - Jaan Mohammed, Afzal Ahmad and Zameel Ahmad. Two months ago, the Uttar Pradesh government had promised these flats for the family members.
The family paid Rs 9.5 lakh each for the four flats from the amount which they got from the chief minister's discretionary fund. The actual cost of flats is Rs 20-24 lakhs.
At present, none of the allottees are willing to move due to connectivity issues in the area.
The family was forced to flee Dadri following an attack on their house by an angry mob on suspicion that they consumed and stored beef in refrigerator.
Akhlaq was killed in the attack whereas his younger son suffered serious injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing