Dense fog in Delhi, at least 45 trains cancelled due to zero visibility
New Delhi: As many as 45 Delhi-bound trains were cancelled and 30 delayed after dense fog engulfed the national capital early on Tuesday, a railway official said.
Seven trains was rescheduled. Flight operations, however, remained unaffected.
The national capital woke up to chilly Tuesday morning, with the minimum temperature settling at 6.8 degrees Celsius, a couple of notches below the season`s average, the Met Office said.
According to weather office, the day ahead is likely to be partly cloudy.
"The day will be partly cloudy throughout. Moderate to dense fog can be seen in many places till forenoon," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 19 degrees Celsius. Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was recorded at 100 percent. Visibility stood at 200 meters.
Monday's maximum temperature was recorded at 18.7 degrees Celsius, three notches below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature settled at 6.4 degrees Celsius, a notch below average of this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders
- Earth-like planet found in nearest solar system: Study