Dense fog in Delhi, at least 45 trains cancelled due to zero visibility
New Delhi: As many as 45 Delhi-bound trains were cancelled and 30 delayed after dense fog engulfed the national capital early on Tuesday, a railway official said.
Seven trains was rescheduled. Flight operations, however, remained unaffected.
The national capital woke up to chilly Tuesday morning, with the minimum temperature settling at 6.8 degrees Celsius, a couple of notches below the season`s average, the Met Office said.
According to weather office, the day ahead is likely to be partly cloudy.
"The day will be partly cloudy throughout. Moderate to dense fog can be seen in many places till forenoon," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 19 degrees Celsius. Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was recorded at 100 percent. Visibility stood at 200 meters.
Monday's maximum temperature was recorded at 18.7 degrees Celsius, three notches below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature settled at 6.4 degrees Celsius, a notch below average of this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand