Dense fog in Delhi, at least 45 trains cancelled due to zero visibility
New Delhi: As many as 45 Delhi-bound trains were cancelled and 30 delayed after dense fog engulfed the national capital early on Tuesday, a railway official said.
Seven trains was rescheduled. Flight operations, however, remained unaffected.
The national capital woke up to chilly Tuesday morning, with the minimum temperature settling at 6.8 degrees Celsius, a couple of notches below the season`s average, the Met Office said.
According to weather office, the day ahead is likely to be partly cloudy.
"The day will be partly cloudy throughout. Moderate to dense fog can be seen in many places till forenoon," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 19 degrees Celsius. Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was recorded at 100 percent. Visibility stood at 200 meters.
Monday's maximum temperature was recorded at 18.7 degrees Celsius, three notches below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature settled at 6.4 degrees Celsius, a notch below average of this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months