Bhubaneswar: India on Tuesday successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile. Here are a few facts you should know:
- Dhanush ballistic missile was test-fired with a strike range of 350 km from a naval ship off the Odisha coast on November 24, 2015.
- The surface-to-surface Dhanush was test fired from INS Subhadra in the Bay of Bengal.
- It is a naval variant of India's indigenously-developed Prithvi missile.
- Dhanush missile is capable of carrying conventional as well as nuclear payload of 500 kg.
- The missile can hit both land and sea-based targets under 350 km range.
- It has already been inducted in the armed forces.