Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
In a major explosion, at least three workers were killed at an industrial unit in Dombivali township of Thane district on Thursday.
Dombivali: In a major explosion, at least three workers were killed at an industrial unit in Dombivali township of Thane district on Thursday.
So, what did actually led to the explosion and fire? Here are details:-
- A cylinder blast occurred around 11:00 am on Thursday
- Cylinder explosion led to a fire in the chemical manufacturing unit of Herbert Brown Pharmaceutical & Research Laboratories
- The exact location of the Herbert Brown Pharmaceutical & Research Laboratories is - Shivaji Udyog Nagar of MIDC phase-II area in Dombivali (East)
What did the eyewitnesses see?
- An eyewitness said that the intensity of the blast was so much that window panes in several adjoining buildings were shattered
- People were seen running helter-skelter, say an eyewitness
- Chaos prevailed in vicinity of the industrial unit where the blast occurred
More than a dozen fire tenders were at the site to douse the flames. The injured workers were rushed to various hospitals. At least 15 ambulances were rushed to the site.