Former FIA chief backtracks after claiming '26/11 terror attack was launched by Pakistan'
Former Federal Investigative Agency (FIA) head Tariq Khosa has gone back on his assertions that 26/11 Mumbai terror attack was launched from the Pakistani soil, as per media reports on Sunday.
Delhi: Former Federal Investigative Agency (FIA) head Tariq Khosa has gone back on his assertions that 26/11 Mumbai terror attack was launched from the Pakistani soil, as per media reports on Sunday.
Reports said that now he has told a Pakistani daily that his article was misinterpreted and twisted by the India media.
He is also claiming that terrorists who were involved in the terror attack in 2008 were non-state actors and added that the Pakistan government had shared all necessary inputs with India.
Khosa who was probing the 26/11 Mumbai attacks had also admitted earlier in an opinion piece published on the website of Pakistani newspaper Dawn that Ajmal Kasab was a Pakistani national.
“Pakistan has to deal with the Mumbai mayhem, planned and launched from its soil,” and had revealed that “Ajmal Kasab was a Pakistani national, whose place of residence and initial schooling as well as his joining a banned militant organisation was established by the investigators.
Kasab was executed by India for his role in Mumbai terror attack.
In more explosive revelations, Khosa had said that in the article that the ten terrorists who launched terror strikes on Mumbai were from the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and were trained near Thatta in Sindh.
Moreover he had added that the dinghy and the engine was bought in Pakistan.
At the same time the ex-FIA chief had maintained that the entire Pakistan security apparatus must ensure that the perpetrators of the terror attacks were brought to justice.
Khosa has held top posts in the Pakistan government and Interpol besides initiating criminal investigation into former prime minister Benazir Bhutto's assassination in 2007.
The terror attack in Mumbai on November 26, 2008 had left 166 people dead.