Four-year old dies after falling in Delhi school septic tank
New Delhi: A girl child fell to her death into a 20-foot deep septic tank of a prominent school in Swaroop Nagar area of Delhi, the police said on Wednesday.
Nandini, 4, a nursery student at the Camp Convent High School in the north-west district, was returning home with her mother and younger brother when she slipped into the open sewer pit around 2 p.m. on Tuesday, said a senior police officer.
"Her mother found Nandini missing on the way. When she went back on the route to look for her and found her crying from the septic tank. She raised an alarm and jumped into the tank. Some passers-by pulled her out but Nandini died," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Vijay Kumar told IANS.
Nandini was a resident of Kushak village in Swaroop Nagar.
During an investigation, the police found that the 20-foot deep and 50-foot wide open septic tank was of Sant Surjan Singh International School, the officer said.
"We have registered a case against an unknown person and are investigating. Action will be taken against those found guilty of negligence," the DCP said.
Some area residents along with the bereaved parents staged protests against the Sant Surjan Singh International School management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers