New Delhi: Government has rejected former Railway Minister Lalu Prasad's request for further extension of his stay at the official bungalow at Tughlaq Road in Lutyen's zone here.
"Lalu has been already served eviction notice after his extended stay in the Type VIII Tughlaq Road bungalow expired on October 31," said a senior UD Ministry official.
The official said RJD chief has submitted his view before quasi-judicial authority in the Urban Development Ministry last week informing that he has made a representation to UD Minister Venkaiah Naidu requesting extension of his stay.
UD Ministry has written to the quasi-judicial body which sought to know the response of the Ministry that the "request of Lalu has not been accepted and the same will also be informed to Lalu."
About the next course of action, the official said, "Lalu will be given some time to pack up and vacate the bungalow."
Lalu, who has been staying at the Tughlaq Road bungalow since 2004, was served eviction notice after being convicted in a fodder scam and ceased to be an MP.
However, he wrote to the then UD Minister Kamal Nath for extension and the UPA government's cabinet committee on accommodation allowed RJD chief to stay upto October 31, 2014.
Besides losing his Lok Sabha seat, Lalu's RJD is no longer a national party. A national party chief can claim a suitable accommodation in the capital.