Delhi: Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit has said that India does not know where underworld don Dawood Ibrahim was and that Indo-Pak dialogue would not get derailed in case of another terror attack.
Talking to India Today group he said that how could Pakistan act against Ibrahim when Indian government have said that they do not know the whereabouts of the mafia don.
He added that no dossier about Dawood was shared with Pakistan.
At the same time, Basit clarified that there had been no change as far as Islamabad was concerned and that Pakistan PM had always been underlining the importance of having a dialogue with India.
When asked as to whether there was a commitment that the dialogue would continue despite a possible terror attack, the Pakistani envoy said that according to him both sides were committed this time around to not allow 'those forces to sabotage or thwart the dialogue process'.
On meeting Hurriyat leaders, Basit maintained that Pakistani representatives had been meeting the Hurriyat leaders for the last more that 20 years, adding that he did see any change their policy.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Monday expressed the hope that the renewed dialogue between India and Pakistan will open a new chapter of peace and development in the region.
Meanwhile, making a statement on her visit to Pakistan in both houses of Parliament, Sushma Swaraj said it was decided that a "Comprehensive Bilateral Dialogue" would start and foreign secretaries of the two countries would work out the modalities under the "new dialogue".
"The new dialogue, we sincerely hope, marks a new beginning also for peace and development in the whole region," she said, as per PTI.
Sushma Swaraj said India emphasised the need to speed up the judicial process in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack by Pakistani terrorists.
(With Agency inputs)