WCT20: Cricket and bombs can't go hand in hand, says Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray is certainly not in favour of Indo-Pak cricket match.
The party chief on Saturday in Chandrapur (Maharashtra) said that we don't want to play such 'dangerous' games. The context of Uddhav Thackeray's statement was upcoming Indo-Pak T20 match.
"Cricket and bombs can't go hand in hand," the Sena chief said, adding, "The big question is - should we play with those who attack India. There should be sportsmanship. We are not against the spirit of the game. They will strike twice and we will strike twice. There will be kabaddi matches, cricket matches... It goes on. But, they (Pakistan) aid infiltration."
The marquee World Twenty20 clash between arch-rivals India and Pakistan was shifted to Kolkata from Dharamsala in view of security concerns, ending the week-long uncertainly over the high-profile clash.
The much anticipated match was thrown into jeopardy after Himachal Pradesh chief minister Virbhadra Singh expressed inability to provide security for the match, prompting Pakistan to send a three-member delegation to assess the security situation.
The PCB had written to Richardson asking to consider an alternative venue for the marquee match. They proposed Kolkata or Mohali as a replacement for Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing