Indian girl died in school van due to heat exhausion in UAE
A 4-year-old Indian girl, who was found dead in a school van in the UAE, died due to heat exhaustion and inability to breathe, according to forensic report.
Dubai: A 4-year-old Indian girl, who was found dead in a school van in the UAE, died due to heat exhaustion and inability to breathe, according to forensic report.
The girl had died in Abu Dhabi in October after she fell asleep inside the bus and was left unattended for several hours.
According to the forensic report, the child died due to heat exhaustion and inability to breathe.
The bus driver and bus attendant have been accused of causing the death of the child as they "failed to do their job properly".
Lawyers of the employee in charge of students' list, the school principal and the owner of the transport company denied the charges levelled against them and demanded their acquittal, Khaleej Times reported.
The school employee tasked with checking the attendance of students was charged with negligence, the report said.
The verdict in the case is expected on February 8.
The school management and the school transport provider were charged with endangering the lives of students since they allegedly deployed an unlicensed bus that did not fulfil school transportation safety requirements.
Additionally, they "employed unqualified and unlicensed supervisors". The owner of the transport company faced charges for having hired 10 bus attendants "who did not meet sponsorship transfer terms and conditions".