New Delhi: The Foreign Secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan are unlikely to take place on January 15.
No dates have been fixed in this regard as yet.
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is expected to make a formal statement in this regard tomorrow.
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz had earlier said that the talks would be held on January 15.
However, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval was quoted as having said that talks can be held only after action.
He, however, later refused that he gave an interview to a national daily, where he stated that the upcoming talks have been cancelled over the Pathankot attack.
India has made its stand very clear and said that progress in this regard would be made only after Pakistan acts on the leads given to it about the terror attack on the Pathankot air base.