ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
Delhi: Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf said on Thursday that terror attacks in India would not stop until New Delhi addressed the core issue of Kashmir.
In a sensational revelation, he also said that ISI trains LeT and Jaish militants.
"Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) trains Jaish-e- Mohammad (JeM) and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists," said Musharraf.
"Pakistan army is not training civilians. Intelligence organisation on our side as well as on your side is involved," he said in an interview to India Today TV.
When asked if he sees any progress in the Indo-Pak peace process, Musharraf said, "Everything will stop if you address the core issue. The unfortunate terrorists acts and the militancy will continue unless we address the core issue. That is what you don't want to do," as per PTI.
"Kashmir continues to arouse sentiments in Pakistan," the 72-year-old former president said as he defended terrorist activities in India.
"Anyone who is fighting in Kashmir is a freedom fighter," he assed.
"I don't think we will move forward on the core issue. You don't want. You want to bulldoze us, you want to bully us and you want to dominate us. You only want to talk about issues concern you like terrorism, Mumbai and Pathankot. So I don't feel, core issues are moving forward," he said when asked to comment on Foreign Secretary-level talks that were postponed after Pathankot attack.
Speaking on Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley, who is currently deposing before a Mumbai court in connection with the 26/11 attack case, Musharraf said, "I don't believe anything that Headley had said... Pakistan intelligence should interrogate Headley."
When asked about JeM chief Mesood Azhar, who was involved in two attacks against Musharraf himself, the former military general said, "Anyone who is doing any other act in Pakistan like, I know that he attacks me, is a terrorist certainly. Therefore I call him a terrorist."
"LeT and Hafiz Saeed are not involved in terror activities in Pakistan," he said.
He said India derailed peace process every time and wants to discuss only terrorism.
"You create hysteria in your country against Pakistan. Whenever we try to speak, you want to bulldoze us to whatever is your point of view.
He also accused India's intelligence agency RAW for carrying out attacks in Pakistan from Afghanistan.
At the same time, the former Pakistan president also said that India should hand over 2007 Samjhauta Express accused to Pakistan.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing