New Delhi: The NIA on Friday filed a charge sheet in a case pertaining to banned terror outfit ISIS outlining the modus oprandi of a 23-year-old alleged operative in identifying, radicalising, recruiting and sending Indians to join the terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
The probe report, filed before District Judge Amar Nath, refers in detail to the role of accused Naser Packeer who was working as a web and graphics designer in Dubai.
The National Investigation Agency, which has arrayed over 22 persons as witnesses, has also made his father Packeer Mohammad a prosecution witness.
"In furtherance to its larger conspiracy under its leadership, members of terror groups Islamic State (IS) or Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) or Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL)..., in connivance with a few resident, and non-resident Indians have been indulging in identification, redicalization, recruitment, training and finally transfer of Indian youths to countries like Syria, Lybia, Iraq for terror acts.
"For that purpose, members of the above terror groups have been using different channels/services available on internet, telephone and one to one meeting," the charge sheet said.
The sources said that the charge sheet, which was filed in court during an in-chamber proceeding, alleged that Naser, who hails from Tamil Nadu and was arrested in December last year, was involved in a conspiracy to recruit Muslim youths in India to join ISIS and shift them to Iraq and Syria to carry out terror attacks and wage war in India.
The charge sheet further said that the accused, who did B Tech from a Chennai college before leaving for Dubai in 2014, used several internet based websites including Twitter, WhatsApp and Youtube to spread the base of terror organisation in India and the world.
It also said that the assistance of USA through Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty and internet giants like Google and Twitter was sought in the investigation against the accused.
The agency said, "The services of internet have been used
by recruiters, trainers and members of above terror organisations for indoctrinating and motivating Indian Muslim youths for travelling to countries like Syria, Libya, Iraq for taking part in terror activities."
"As a result, a few known and unknown Indian youths have expressed their solidarity, allegiance and support to ISIS in different forms and left India and joined ISIS," it claimed.
NIA has claimed that several incriminating documents and articles like laptop, mobile phones, pen drives and DVDs have been recovered from the possession from the accused.
"The main inspiration to motivate youths to join 'Jihad' were the lectures from some Islamic scholars on YouTube. The twitter account being used by the accused with the i.D. Of 'Abu Khalid Al Hind' was being used to deliver provocative and inciting contents and calling upon like-minded people to wage Jihad and join ISIS," the agency said in the charge sheet.
The charge sheet has been filed for the alleged offences punishable under sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) and the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The court has now fixed June 9 for considering the charge sheet filed by the NIA and extended the judicial custody of the accused till that date.
The agency had filed an FIR in the matter on December 9 last year against unknown persons on inputs received from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
On October 5, 2015, Naser was apprehended by Sudani authorities for concealing his identity and trying to join ISIS in Syria. Later, he was deported to India on December 10, 2015.