ISIS notes found at Mumbai airport, warn of terror attack on Republic Day
Mumbai: Security agencies here have gone into high alert mode after two notes found at the Mumbai airport on Thursday evening warned of a terror attack on Republic Day.
As per reports, the two notes with ISIS names on them teasingly ask: “26/01/2015 IS BOM OK?”
The notes were found in two toilets, meant for males, by a cleaner.
The toilets are located inside the Terminal A1 of Mumbai's domestic airport.
The development came just over a week after a hand-written note scribbled on a wall inside the Mumbai airport threatened of an impending attack by the ISIS, or the Islamic State, on January 10.
The note, found inside a toilet in the Level 2 of Terminal 2 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, read “ATTECK BY ISIS DATE 10/01/15 (sic)”.
The note appeared to have been scribbled on the wall using a pen.
The Mumbai Police has been – in view of the Republic Day on January 26 – maintaining heightened level of vigil.
Security agencies have reasons to be worried as four Indian youth, who had joined the Islamic State, were from Thane near Mumbai, pointing to the possibility of a network of ISIS sympathisers being active in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?