Jawan dies of snake bite
A poisonous snake bit Nelson Toppo, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Shailendra Kumar Sinha said.
Jamshedpur: A jawan on duty at Ghatsila jail died of snake bite early today, police said.
Nelson Toppo, a SAF jawan on contract, was on duty last night at Ghatsila jail, about 45 km from here, when a poisonous snake bit him, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Shailendra Kumar Sinha said.
Toppo's colleagues rushed him to Government-run MGM Hospital here but he died early today.