Jayalalitha is very well, to return home soon: AIADMK
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa, undergoing treatment at a hospital here, is back to her normal life and would return home soon, the party said on Tuesday.
"Chief Minister Amma (Jayalalithaa) is very well. She has come (back) to her normal life; is eating well. She is ably doing her political work. Physiotherapy is continuing for her," party spokesperson C R Saraswathy said.
Speaking to reporters here, she said Jayalalithaa "will return home soon".
The 68 year-old chief minister, who was admitted to Apollo Hospitals here on September 22 after she complained of fever and dehydration, had been treated for infection among other health issues.
Apollo Hospitals Chairman Pratap Reddy had last week said that Jayalalithaa, who had been given respiratory support, was doing well and speaking using a valve attached to the tracheostomy tube.
He had also said Jayalalithaa was undergoing a "normal recuperation" after being in bed for several weeks and it is she who would decide when to return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened