New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday granted bail to JNUSU president on Wednesday. Here are five key things to know about the bail:-
- It's interim bail for 6 months
- The bail was granted on surety bond of Rs 10,000
- Congress leader Kapil Sibal was the Kanhaiya's lawyer during his bail plea
- Kanhaiya is unlikely to walk out of jail on Wednesday; Kanhaiya Kumar's lawyers are likely to process the bail related documents on Thursday
- The court has asked the JNU faculty to ensure that there is no anti-India slogans from Kanhaiya
Justice Pratibha Rani on Tuesday had reserved the order after over three hours of hearing on the bail plea of Kanhaiya who is accused of raising anti-India slogans inside JNU campus during an event organised on February 9.