JNU row: List of questions that police asked Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya
JNU students Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya, who surrendered before the police last night, were arrested in the wee hours on Wednesday after being questioned for five hours.
New Delhi: JNU students Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya, who surrendered before the police last night, were arrested in the wee hours on Wednesday after being questioned for five hours.
"Before being arrested they were questioned for at least five hours in which the police enquired about their whereabouts and hideouts during the phase when police was looking out for them in connection with the sedition case which led to arrest of JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar," a senior police official said, as per PTI.
The police also enquired whether two of them were the main organisers of the February 9 event against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, and whether they were involved in anti-India sloganeering which allegedly took place.
Following are the 15 questions that the police asked them as published by India Today:
- Where were you hiding the last few days?
- Who helped you during that time?
- Who helped with money?
- Intention behind organising the programme on February 9?
- Did you take permission from JNU authorities?
- Why did you shout slogans in support of Afzal Guru?
- Why did you shout anti-India slogans?
- Who all were involved with you in organising that programme?
- Where were the banners made?
- Where did you get the funds?
- Who knows Geelani?
- Did someone tell you to write and shout anti-India slogans?
- Where were you on February 9?
- How long have you known Kanhaiya?
- Where did you meet Kanhaiya with regard to organising the programme?