Watch: New video shows Kanhaiya Kumar part of the crowd raising 'anti-India slogans' in JNU
New Delhi: A new video of the February 9 event on JNU campus surfaced on Monday which shows the varsity's students' union president Kanhaiya Kumar as a part of a crowd in which some people are purportedly raising anti- India slogans.
At one point, Kanhaiya is also seen standing close to some police officials and checking identity cards of some youths who were apparently trying to join the event held against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
However, the video does not show Kanhaiya raising any anti-India slogans.
A police source said the video is one of the three clips being probed by them. Another one, which also has Kanhaiya in it, was earlier played in a courtroom the day he was arrested.
In the seven-minute video which surfaced on Monday, a youth with his half face covered with a handkerchief is seen raising slogans purportedly seeking 'azaad Kashmir'. His identity is yet to be established.
In the initial part of the latest video, which is slightly blurred, some youths are seen telling police officials to leave the campus.
Earlier today, Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi claimed that Kanhaiya had raised anti-national slogans during the controversial event.
"Kanhaiya was present at the event. He delivered a speech and participated in an unlawful assembly which indulged in anti-India sloganeering."
"It was because of his involvement and the evidence we have collected so far that he has been arrested under charges of sedition," Bassi told reporters after meeting Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
Asked about alleged links between Kashmiri militants and the JNU students suspected to be involved in the incident, Bassi said, "Kanhaiya's interrogation will be analysed for terror links and the police are looking for some other students who all went absconding after the incident."
In court, Kanhaiya claimed that many outsiders were present in the crowd during the event and some of them engaged in anti-India sloganeering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH