Hyderabad: There seems to be no end in sight to JNU row!
In a major trouble for Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury, a sedition case has been been filed against them and 6 others in connection with 'anti-national' event in JNU.
Here is all that we know so far:-
About the case
- An FIR has been registered against Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal, Sitaram Yechury, Congress leaders Anand Sharma and Ajay Maken, CPI leader D Raja, JD(U) Spokesperson KC Tyagi, JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar and JNU research scholar Umar Khalid on the order of a court here, based on a complaint filed by lawyer Janardhan Goud.
- The FIR was filed based on a complaint filed by lawyer Janardhan Goud
- It is a court referred case related to JNU; based on the directive of the court, a case has been registered on charges of sedition under Section 124(A) of IPC
- The case may be forwarded to the concerned police station in Delhi
- The court has posted the matter for hearing on March 4.
What did the petition say
- In his petition, lawyer Janardhan Goud said that Rahul Gandhi and other leaders, despite being aware that Delhi Police had registered a case against Kanhaiya on charge of sedition had visited JNU campus and knowingly supported them and hence it "amounted to sedition".
- In his petition, Goud said he has every right to question those who are indulging in "anti-national activities and also those who are encouraging anti-nationals in the name of solidarity for those who are facing criminal charges under section 124(A) of IPC."
- Goud had filed a complaint in the court of Metropolitan Magistrate here on Thursday, seeking its direction to police for registration of a case against Kanhaiya and Khalid for allegedly raising anti-India and pro-Afzal Guru slogans on JNU campus and others.