Kapu quota stir: Here's list of trains cancelled, diverted due to violent protests in Andhra Pradesh
Indian Railways either cancelled or diverted several trains passing through coastal Andhra in view of the violence that broke out during protests by the Kapu community over their demand for quotas.
Hyderabad: Indian Railways either cancelled or diverted several trains passing through coastal Andhra in view of the violence that broke out during protests by the Kapu community over their demand for quotas.
Reportedly, Ravindra Gupta, General Manager, South Central Railway, held an emergency meeting at Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad to review the situation.
Here are some of the trains cancelled due to violent protests:-
- Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Garibrath Express
- Tirupati- Visakhapatnam Tirumala Express
- Visakhapatnam-Rajahmundry Passenger
- Rayagada-Vijayawada Passenger
- Visakhapatnam-Kakinada Passenger
- Visakhapatnam-Machilipatnam Passenger
- Vijayawada- Rayagada Passenger
- Machilipatnam-Visakhapatnam Passenger
- Narsapur-Visakhapatnam Passenger
- Nidadavolu-Bhimavaraam Passenger
- Visakhapatnam-Hyderabad Godavari Express
- Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Garibrath Express
- Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad AC express
- Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Duronto Express
Also, some trains have been diverted via Ballarsha; these are:-
- Secunderabad-Howrah Falknuma Express
- Howrah-Vascoda Gama Amaravathi Express
- Tirupathi- Bhubaneswar
- Yeswanthapur-Howrah Duranto Express
- Mangalore-Santragachi Vivek Express
Also, with several trains being regulated at various stations on the Vijayawada-Rajahmundry-Visakhapatnam section, the railway officials have made arrangements wherever trains have been regulated to provide food, water and medical needs including the requirements of children and senior citizens.