Delhi: A day after Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis directed the Anti-Terrorism Squad to probe the allegation that Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse received phone calls from fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim's house in Karachi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Thursday that the government will not hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty.
Singh said in an interview to Aaj Tak, "Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty. The matter will be investigated thoroughly."
On the underworld don he said, "Dawood is an international criminal. We have provided ample evidence to Pakistan regarding Dawood's presence on their soil."
"Pakistan should handover Dawood to India. The international community should also persuade or pressurise Pakistan to take action against Dawood," he added.
Meanwhile, Khadse had said yesterday, "Both I and the Chief Minister wanted the matter to be investigated. So the Chief Minister has asked ATS to probe it," as per PTI.
Khadse, the senior-most BJP leader in the state cabinet, claimed he had documents to prove that his mobile phone was hacked to show as if calls were made, and added that he would hand over all the evidence in this regard to the investigating agencies.
The beleaguered minister had also said that the matter was already being investigated by the cyber crime cell and local police, and the Director General of Police was supervising the probe.
On the other hand, the minister had sought to know why no questions were being asked about former AAP leader Anjali Damania's alleged dubious land deals in Raigad district.
Spokesperson of AAP, Preeti Sharma Menon, had levelled the allegation against Khadse last week.
Menon had alleged, citing the call records obtained from a Pakistani telecom company by an Ahmedabad-based hacker, that calls were made from Dawood's house in Karachi to a mobile number registered in Khadse's name.
Khadse had later rubbished the allegation saying the number was not in use for the last one year.
(With Agency inputs)