Advertisement

Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court

David Headley names Ishrat Jahan before Mumbai court, says she was a suicide bomber of Lashkar-e-Toiba.

Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court

Mumbai: David Coleman Headley, convicted in the United States for his involvement in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, on Thursday continued his deposition for the fourth consecutive day before a Mumbai court via a video link.

On Wednesday, the video link could not be established and no statement was recorded by the Mumbai court.

Here's what Headley told the court on Thursday:

- I opened an office in Mumbai's Tardeo AC market area on September 14, 2006

- On October 11, 2006, I received Rs 66,605 from Dr Tahawwur Rana when I was in Mumbai

- On November 7, 2006, I received 500 US dollars from Dr Tahawwur Rana

- I received Rs 17,636 on November 30 & 1000 US dollars on Dec 4, 2006 from Tahawwur Rana

- I received all the amount through Nariman branch of IndusInd Bank

- Tahawwur Rana visited Mumbai before the terror attack and I advised him to return back to the US, so that he won't be in any danger

- Before my visit to India, I received 25,000 US dollars from Major Iqbal & 40,000 Pak rupees from Sajid Mir

- I received Rs 2000 in April 2008 and Rs 1500 in June 2008 from Major Iqbal

- Major Iqbal gave me counterfeit Indian currency 2-3 times

- I received Rs 18,000 from Abdur Rehman Pasha

- On November 1, 2006 I signed the agreement of my office in Tardeo area of Mumbai, with landlord Mr Bora

- The contents I had mentioned in the agreement of my office in Mumbai's Tardeo area, were true

- On July 16, 2008, I applied for extension of license (Mumbai office) to stay in premises and extension was granted

- An application was submitted to Reserve Bank of India to open a business account in India with signatures of Raymond Sanders. But, the application was rejected 

- I wanted to close down office in Jan 2009 post terror attack, Major Iqbal also wanted to close it

- But Tahawwur Rana said he would like to continue and also took some steps

- I visited Reliance Web World on  Sept 12 and Oct 18 and 30,  2007 to access Internet with login id - immigration.usa

- My signatures are there at the entry book of Reliance Web World in Mumbai

- I used to send e-mails to Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir in Pakistan and also used to receive e-mails from them

- While exchanging the e-mails with Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir I used to use code language

- I used 2-3 mobile numbers between 2006 and 2009 during my visits to India

- I provided photocopy of my passport to service provider to obtain and activate those mobile numbers

- David Headley names Ishrat Jahan before Mumbai court, says she was a suicide bomber of Lashkar-e-Toiba

​- David Headley confirms before Mumbai court that there was a woman wing in LeT

- Abu Aiman Mazhar was in charge of LeT's women wing

- Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi told me about the botched operation of Muzammil in India, he explained about the operation

- The operation was about to shoot police at some checkpoint. One woman of LeT named Ishrat Jahan was involved

- Muzzammil Bhatt was the head of our group before Sajid Mir

- A person named Abu Dujata introduced me to Muzzammil. Later I learned that both Abu Dujata and Muzzammil had visited Kashmir

- Besides Kashmir, LeT operative Muzzammil Bhatt planned many attacks in different states of India, particularly Maharashtra and Gujarat

- Muzzammil Bhatt had planned to attack Akshardham Temple in Gujarat post destruction of Babri Masjid

- I know Abu Khafa, who comes on 2nd position in LeT after Lakhvi

- I met Abu Khafa in Muridke near Lahore in Pakistan at a meeting. Hafiz (Saeed) sahab and Lakhvi sahab were also present in the meeting

- Sajid Mir and Abu Khafa were talking on phone with 26/11 attackers from a control room in Karachi

- I came to know that Abu Khafa was involved in 26/11 terror attack after I heard his voice on Sajid Mir's laptop

- Sajid Mir played audio clip having Abu Khafa's voice on his laptop in Rawalpindi

- Sajid Mir showed me the Indian media coverage of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks on his laptop in Rawalpindi

​- I and Sajid Mir were very happy: David Headley on being asked about his reaction post 26/11 terror attacks, by Ujjwal Nikam

​- Abu Khafa was working with Sajid Mir. I met Abu Khafa in 2003 when he was a course instructor

- Abu Khafa later became my trainer

- Abu Khafa's nephew was also one of the 10 Mumbai attackers

- David Headley confirms there is a separate naval wing in LeT, on being asked by special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam

- I know Mohd Yakub who was in charge of LeT's sea operations. I was introduced to him in 2003

- I don't know about Mohd Yakub's role in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks

- I discussed about the site for docking boat carrying attackers, with some of members of LeT's naval wing prior to 26/11 attacks

- I know Haji Ashraf who is a businessman from Lahore. He is in charge of financial wing of LeT

- Yes, I know him. He's the LeT guy: David Headley on being asked if he knows Abdul Aziz (who was involved in Bengaluru terror attacks)

- Abu Anas was the assistant to Sajid Mir. He was a party to the criminal conspiracy of 26/11 terror attacks

- When shown photograph of Ilyas Kashmiri, David Headley recognized him and said he is a member of al Qaeda

- David Headley's deposition has now been adjourned for the day

- During period from April 9 to 15, 2008 and from July 1 to 31, 2008, I came to Mumbai from Pakistan

- I came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select the landing sites for safe arrival of attackers in Mumbai

- During this time, I took 4-5 boat rides to check landing sites. These rides included at Gateway of India, Cuffe Parade and Worli

​- We gave three names for LeT's women suicide bomber to David Headley and Ishrat Jahan is the name he recognised, says Ujjwal Nikam

​- David Headley admits before court that he knows Jund al-Fida; he defines it as an "army of fidayeens"established and headed by Ilyas Kashmiri

​- When I interacted with Ilyas Kashmiri about 26/11 terror attack, he was very happy and gave me "shaabashi"

- David Headley admits that Captain Kurram of Pak Army working in special service group was unhappy with Army, and later he joined LeT

- David Headley admits that Captain Kurram of Pak Army was later unhappy with LeT as well, and so he joined al Qaeda

- David Headley recognized the picture of Gateway of India where he conducted surveillance for landing site for arrival of terrorists