Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court

David Headley names Ishrat Jahan before Mumbai court, says she was a suicide bomber of Lashkar-e-Toiba.

Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court

Mumbai: David Coleman Headley, convicted in the United States for his involvement in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, on Thursday continued his deposition for the fourth consecutive day before a Mumbai court via a video link.

On Wednesday, the video link could not be established and no statement was recorded by the Mumbai court.

Here's what Headley told the court on Thursday:

- I opened an office in Mumbai's Tardeo AC market area on September 14, 2006

- On October 11, 2006, I received Rs 66,605 from Dr Tahawwur Rana when I was in Mumbai

- On November 7, 2006, I received 500 US dollars from Dr Tahawwur Rana

- I received Rs 17,636 on November 30 & 1000 US dollars on Dec 4, 2006 from Tahawwur Rana

- I received all the amount through Nariman branch of IndusInd Bank

- Tahawwur Rana visited Mumbai before the terror attack and I advised him to return back to the US, so that he won't be in any danger

- Before my visit to India, I received 25,000 US dollars from Major Iqbal & 40,000 Pak rupees from Sajid Mir

- I received Rs 2000 in April 2008 and Rs 1500 in June 2008 from Major Iqbal

- Major Iqbal gave me counterfeit Indian currency 2-3 times

- I received Rs 18,000 from Abdur Rehman Pasha

- On November 1, 2006 I signed the agreement of my office in Tardeo area of Mumbai, with landlord Mr Bora

- The contents I had mentioned in the agreement of my office in Mumbai's Tardeo area, were true

- On July 16, 2008, I applied for extension of license (Mumbai office) to stay in premises and extension was granted

- An application was submitted to Reserve Bank of India to open a business account in India with signatures of Raymond Sanders. But, the application was rejected 

- I wanted to close down office in Jan 2009 post terror attack, Major Iqbal also wanted to close it

- But Tahawwur Rana said he would like to continue and also took some steps

- I visited Reliance Web World on  Sept 12 and Oct 18 and 30,  2007 to access Internet with login id - immigration.usa

- My signatures are there at the entry book of Reliance Web World in Mumbai

- I used to send e-mails to Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir in Pakistan and also used to receive e-mails from them

- While exchanging the e-mails with Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir I used to use code language

- I used 2-3 mobile numbers between 2006 and 2009 during my visits to India

- I provided photocopy of my passport to service provider to obtain and activate those mobile numbers

- David Headley names Ishrat Jahan before Mumbai court, says she was a suicide bomber of Lashkar-e-Toiba

​- David Headley confirms before Mumbai court that there was a woman wing in LeT

- Abu Aiman Mazhar was in charge of LeT's women wing

- Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi told me about the botched operation of Muzammil in India, he explained about the operation

- The operation was about to shoot police at some checkpoint. One woman of LeT named Ishrat Jahan was involved

- Muzzammil Bhatt was the head of our group before Sajid Mir

- A person named Abu Dujata introduced me to Muzzammil. Later I learned that both Abu Dujata and Muzzammil had visited Kashmir

- Besides Kashmir, LeT operative Muzzammil Bhatt planned many attacks in different states of India, particularly Maharashtra and Gujarat

- Muzzammil Bhatt had planned to attack Akshardham Temple in Gujarat post destruction of Babri Masjid

- I know Abu Khafa, who comes on 2nd position in LeT after Lakhvi

- I met Abu Khafa in Muridke near Lahore in Pakistan at a meeting. Hafiz (Saeed) sahab and Lakhvi sahab were also present in the meeting

- Sajid Mir and Abu Khafa were talking on phone with 26/11 attackers from a control room in Karachi

- I came to know that Abu Khafa was involved in 26/11 terror attack after I heard his voice on Sajid Mir's laptop

- Sajid Mir played audio clip having Abu Khafa's voice on his laptop in Rawalpindi

- Sajid Mir showed me the Indian media coverage of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks on his laptop in Rawalpindi

​- I and Sajid Mir were very happy: David Headley on being asked about his reaction post 26/11 terror attacks, by Ujjwal Nikam

​- Abu Khafa was working with Sajid Mir. I met Abu Khafa in 2003 when he was a course instructor

- Abu Khafa later became my trainer

- Abu Khafa's nephew was also one of the 10 Mumbai attackers

- David Headley confirms there is a separate naval wing in LeT, on being asked by special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam

- I know Mohd Yakub who was in charge of LeT's sea operations. I was introduced to him in 2003

- I don't know about Mohd Yakub's role in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks

- I discussed about the site for docking boat carrying attackers, with some of members of LeT's naval wing prior to 26/11 attacks

- I know Haji Ashraf who is a businessman from Lahore. He is in charge of financial wing of LeT

- Yes, I know him. He's the LeT guy: David Headley on being asked if he knows Abdul Aziz (who was involved in Bengaluru terror attacks)

- Abu Anas was the assistant to Sajid Mir. He was a party to the criminal conspiracy of 26/11 terror attacks

- When shown photograph of Ilyas Kashmiri, David Headley recognized him and said he is a member of al Qaeda

- David Headley's deposition has now been adjourned for the day

- During period from April 9 to 15, 2008 and from July 1 to 31, 2008, I came to Mumbai from Pakistan

- I came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select the landing sites for safe arrival of attackers in Mumbai

- During this time, I took 4-5 boat rides to check landing sites. These rides included at Gateway of India, Cuffe Parade and Worli

​- We gave three names for LeT's women suicide bomber to David Headley and Ishrat Jahan is the name he recognised, says Ujjwal Nikam

​- David Headley admits before court that he knows Jund al-Fida; he defines it as an "army of fidayeens"established and headed by Ilyas Kashmiri

​- When I interacted with Ilyas Kashmiri about 26/11 terror attack, he was very happy and gave me "shaabashi"

- David Headley admits that Captain Kurram of Pak Army working in special service group was unhappy with Army, and later he joined LeT

- David Headley admits that Captain Kurram of Pak Army was later unhappy with LeT as well, and so he joined al Qaeda

- David Headley recognized the picture of Gateway of India where he conducted surveillance for landing site for arrival of terrorists

Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.