JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar released from Tihar Jail: As it happened
Jawaharlal Nehru University Students Union president Kanhaiya Kumar walked out of jail on Thursday.
New Delhi: Jawaharlal Nehru University Students Union president Kanhaiya Kumar walked out of jail on Thursday.
Here are all the latest updates :-
- Kanhaiya Kumar reaches JNU campus; he was escorted to university by 3 PCR vans
- After his release from Tihar Jail, Kanhaiya Kumar has been taken to undisclosed location
- Kanhaiya Kumar has been released from the jail
- Security stepped up outside Tihar Jail to face any untoward incident
- Clashes expected between Kanhaiya's supporter and ABVP supporters, say media reports
- Kanhaiya to walk free shortly
- Kanhaiya Kumar's lawyers have reached Tihar Jail with release orders
- According to sources, police officials have planned a secret exit for Kanhaiya Kumar owing to security reasons
- Kanhaiya Kumar, accused of sedition, will soon be released from Tihar Jail as his bail bond has been furnished
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar furnishes bail bond in Delhi court for his release in sedition case. The court is likely to issue Kanhaiya's release orders to Tihar soon.
- Apprehending the possibility of "clashes" following the release of JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar, the Delhi Police has issued an 'advisory' to all districts, traffic and PCR units asking them to maintain strict vigil, especially in and around JNU and Delhi University campuses.
Related Read: Delhi Police apprehensive about clashes post Kanhaiya Kumar's release
- Celebrations at Kanhaiya Kumar’s village in Bihar after he was granted bail by the Delhi HC yesterday.
- We believe in Constitution. There is no evidence against Kanhaiya, he'll get clean chit soon: Kanhaiya's brother
- A Delhi government report reportedly says they could not find any link between what Kanhaiya said and the anti-India slogans raised at the gathering."
Related Read: No direct link of anti-India slogans with Kanhaiya Kumar: Delhi govt report
Also Read: `Students like Kanhaiya Kumar suffer from anti-national infection` – Read Delhi HC full judgement
- Indo-Canadian students, the faculty and staff from University of British Columbia, Canada, will hold a rally in solidarity with JNU today, says a media report.
- On Wednesday evening, JNUSU general secretary Rama Naga, one of the six accused in the case, addressed students in front of the administration block on the campus. Welcoming the high court's verdict on Kanhaiya, Naga said, "This verdict is a slap on the face of the Bharatiya Janata Party. A conspiracy was hatched so that Kanhaiya could languish in jail. This verdict is a fight against the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh."
Also Read: Kanhaiya Kumar's bail good news for us, hope normalcy returns: JNU
- Over a 1,000 students marched from the Mandi House to Parliament Street, demanding the release of Kanhaiya Kumar yesterday.
Also Read: 'Delhi HC vindicated our stand that anti-national activity did take place in JNU'
- Students of Jawaharlal Nehru University erupted in joy yesterday at Parliament Street.
Also Read: Delhi HC grants six months interim bail to Kanhaiya Kumar; JNU students celebrate
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Students Union president Kanhaiya Kumar will on Thursday walk out of jail, a day after being granted six-month interim bail by the Delhi High Court.