Gurdaspur: Heavy firing was reported from Pakistan's side at a BSF post along with the international border in Gurdaspur district of North Punjab. Here is what happened:-
- The Border Security Force troopers, according to sources, repulsed an intrusion bid by 8-10 people in the counter offensive at Chakri border out post (BoP).
- The sources said that the firing started around 2 a.m. after the alert troopers, using Hand Held Thermal Imagers (HHTI), noticed movement of 8-10 people near the international border.
- The intruders, who had crossed the border but were behind the barbed wire fencing, were challenged.
- Tension has been escalated between India and Pakistan following the recent terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir and the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army across the Line of Control (LoC) to destroy terror launch pads in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
- BSF opened fire after suspected infiltration, there was no retaliation of fire
- Search operations being conducted at Dorangla Village in Gurdaspur by Police after some suspected persons were seen
- Firing on BSF Chakri post in Gurdaspur (Punjab) was reported during early hours
- The ceasefire violation from Pakistan's side came days after India Army's surgical strikes by Indian Army in Pakistan's territory