Jawan made supreme sacrifice fighting terrorists in Baramulla - As it happened
Security forces are on high alert after an Indian Army camp in Baramulla came under attack by fidayeen militants on Sunday night. Here are all the latest updates on the matter:-
New Delhi: Security forces are on high alert after an Indian Army camp in Baramulla came under attack by fidayeen militants on Sunday night. One BSF jawan was martyred in the attack. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
- It was night time, during search op and chase, terrorists turned around and managed to escape: Arun Kumar, BSF ADG Western Command
- Jawan sacrificed his life to stop the terrorists from entering the campus of 46 RR bn: Atul Kumar, DG BSF
- Determined enemy wants to worsen the situation, but we are even more determined to stop them in their attempts: IG BSF (Kashmir) Vikas Chandra.
- Briefing the media, Baramulla Senior Superintendent of Police Imtiaz Hussain said that an investigation is underway to ascertain which outfit the terrorists belonged to.
- Asserting that the terrorists responsible for the attack on army and the Border Security Force (BSF) camps in Baramulla fled the spot using the dark and heavy civilian population as a shield, the police on Monday claimed that the security forces could not retaliate in a heavy manner fearing civilian casualties.
- Indian Army has recovered GPS, wire cutters and some other items from Baramulla attack site
- No dead bodies of terrorists recovered so far, says Vikash Chandra, IG BSF
- NSA Ajit Doval leaves PM Modi's residence after briefing him on Baramulla attack
- NSA Ajit Doval has briefed PM Narendra Modi on Baramulla terror attack
- National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and his Pakistani counterpart Nasir Janjua have spoken on the phone as tension between the two countries runs high after the terror attack in Uri and the Indian Army's surgical strikes across the Line of Control
- The two senior officials have agreed to reduce tension along the Line of Control, news agency ANI quoted Sartaj Aziz, foreign affairs adviser to Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, as saying.
- Terrorists managed to escape as it was dark and army couldn't retaliate effectively due to apprehension of civilian casualty: SSP of Baramulla
- There was fire fight that went on for some time, terrorists were not able to sneak in the camp. Search operations called off: : SSP of Baramulla
- This is very unfortunate, but our forces are capable of dealing with any situation: Kiren Rijiju on matrydom of BSF jawan in Baramulla
- They used civilians as shield as it was a civilian area, we could not retaliate properly and they fled: Imtiaz Hussain SSP, Baramulla
- Reportedly, two terrorists were killed and two managed to escape; search operations are on to nab them
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar chairs high-level security meet, Army Chief Dalbir Singh ,Air Force Chief Arup Raha and Navy Chief Sunil Lanba present
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to hold a high-level meet, will meet all the three defence chiefs in the wake of Baramulla terror attack and tension along LoC
- Terrorists tried to enter the camp but our forces retaliated and the terrorists fled, search operations are on: IG BSF (Kashmir) Vikas Chandra
- According to sources, terrorists attacked in two groups
- It is believed that some terrorists managed to escape, now search operations are underway
- At least two terrorists and a BSF personnel were killed while one BSF jawan was injuredBSF personnel were killed while one BSF jawan was injured
- Army chief is taking stock of the situation after 46 Rashtriya Rifles camp was targeted in Baramulla
- India's NSA Ajit Doval has spoken to Pakistan's NSA over Baramulla terror attack, agreed to reduce tensions on LoC
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh was briefed about the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla after an Indian Army camp came under attack by fidayeen militants on Sunday night.
- Rajnath Singh and Ajit Doval are reviewing the security measures so as to avoid any untoward incident.
- The attack on a camp of Rashtriya Rifles and adjacent BSF camp started around 10.30 p.m. on Sunday, and heavy firing continued till midnight.
- Director General BSF K.K. Sharma, who also held discussions with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval on phone, briefed the home minister about the situation.
- One BSF jawan martyred, and another one was injured
- Rajnath Singh expressed regret over one BSF trooper being martyred
- Rajnath Singh instructed officials to announce compensation to the family.
- Singh also told the BSF chief to ensure best medical care for the injured soldier.
Baramulla terror attack
- This comes days after India avenged the Uri attacks and carried out surgical strikes across the LoC, smashing as many as seven terror launch pads.
- The fidayeen attack, however was foiled, as the terrorists could not breach the 46 RR camp security.
- The terrorists, who gained entry into the 46 RR camp through an adjoining BSF camp, fired indiscriminately and lobbed grenades as well.