Manohar Parrikar maintains stand on Pak terror boat; probe ordered into Coast Guard DIG's remarks
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar addressed a press conference and spoke on the controversy surrounding the Pakistani terror boat.
Bengaluru: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar addressed a press conference and spoke on the controversy surrounding the Pakistani terror boat. Here are the updates:
- Defence Ministry has ordered a probe into remarks made by Coast Guard DIG BK Loshali on the Pakistani terror boat incident.
- There is no change in the situation... we will also release evidence if you want - Parrikar
- There are 15-16 lakh servicemen in India. If someone makes an incorrect statement the government is not responsible - Defense Minister
- I will take action against him (DIG) if required... - Parrikar
- If someone has made a statement, the only way I can proceed is by inquiry. Let's close the matter for now.
- You are making a case of disciplinary proceedings against him (DIG). I will take the video and make an inquiry.
- I am not issuing any clarification right now.
- Defence Ministry stands by what we said earlier. If any channel said anything we will inquire into it - Parrikar
- As of now, he (officer) has denied it. Coast Guard has also issued a denial - Parrikar
- It's not a court room, Parrikar tells reporters as one of them asks to know if Coast Guard fired at the Pakistani boat.
- Parrikar tells reporters he will speak on the Pakistani terror boat controversy at the end of the press conference.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar is briefing the press after the conclusion of the Aero India 2015 show.