Bhiwandi fire: Swift action by fire officials averts major tragedy; all rescued after fire brought under control
A major fire broke out at a garment factory in Bhiwandi on Tuesday.
Bhiwandi: A major fire broke out at a garment factory in Bhiwandi on Tuesday morning. Reportedly, the fire had erupted around 8 AM. Here is all what happened:-
- All have been rescued after fire was brought under control
- The fire has been brought under control
- I think 10-15 are still trapped inside: Woman who got rescued from a four storey building in Bhiwandi after fire
- Trapped people assemble at terrace, wait for their turn to be rescued by operation team
- 25 people have been rescued; operations still underway
- 9 fire tenders and 5 water tankers at the spot to douse the flames
- Video of the blaze
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 12, 2016
- BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain has tweeted, "Fire in a building in Kasimpur, Bhiwandi near Mumbai. I pray for the safety of those trapped."
Fire in a building in Kasimpur, Bhiwandi near Mumbai. I pray for the safety of those trapped.
— Shahnawaz Hussain (@ShahnawazBJP) April 12, 2016
- Rescue operations on; people are being rescued with the help of a ladder
-Eight fire tenders have reached the spot to douse the flames.
-More than 150 persons are still trapped inside the four-storey building.
-Rescue operations are underway.
(Developing story - more details awaited)